July 24-26, 2020
Online using ZOOM
Friday July 24, 2020 7:00-8:30 PM CDT Zoom Worship: Why?
- Watch the Friday Worship Video on YouTube
- View submissions from SCC Congregations answering the question Why Church?
- View the Friday Worship Video Zoom Meeting Recording Including Discussion
Saturday July 25, 2020 9:00 AM- NOON CDT Zoom Delegate Business Meeting
- Watch the Zoom Video Recording of the July 25, 2020 Delegate Business Meeting
- View the Slide Presentation from the Delegate Meeting 2020
- View the Delegate Assembly Minutes July 25, 2020
Sunday July 26, 2020 9:00-9:45 AM CDT Zoom Discipleship Discussion
Sunday July 26, 2020- Morning Worship
- View the Sunday July 26, 2020 Assembly Worship Videos on YouTube
- Lea el mensaje del Domingo traducido al español
SCC Reports and Meeting Documents 2020
- The following reports will give a picture of the past year; the ministries of SCC that have begun or continued since last year’s annual meeting.
- Moderator and ministry coordinator (addendum 1.1)
- Ministerial commission (addendum 1.2)
- Regional Conference Ministers (addendum 1.3)
- UCIM Summer Update (addendum 1.4)
- Please review the Delegate Agenda (addendum 2.1) and details of our 2019-2020 budget year
- YTD Balance Sheet (addendum 2.2)
- Income Statement History with Proposed 2020-2021 Budget (addendum 2.3) Please review this detailed budget proposal and note that there will be a time for Q&A with Treasurer Jim Diller as agenda item II.D. and whole group budget questions/discussion as agenda item IV.A.
- The next information for you regarding conference work looks forward to the coming year. It is the decision by conference leaders to recommend the conference move into a new organizational structure (addendum 3.1). This is not an erasing of the way we used to do things but is a significant update of many of the past roles and responsibilities of conference. This is the continuation of the work begun at a few visioning meetings hosted by conference leaders beginning in 2017. A strategic planning team was formed and out of that group, a suggested restructuring model was begun. Since that team presented their model to the executive committee, it has been updated and altered to its present form that we feel will best serve the conference. The most major shift this new structure will bring is in the hiring of a new conference network director (addendum 3.2- Job Description) and the changes that will be required for the role of regional conference ministers. The SCC executive committee is bringing this new structure to the delegates recommending the approval of a one-year transitional trial with the hopes of it leading to a more effective way of being the church together; living out God’s mission in the world.
- The Discovery Team, a task force appointed by the Executive Committee, will outline a process of discovery and discernment evaluating our relationships and mission as South Central Mennonite Conference and guiding our assessment of our relationship with Mennonite Church USA.
-2020 Financial Reports: